Who Is AITC Canada?
Agriculture in the Classroom Canada (AITC-C) is a not for profit organization, operating across the country delivering accurate, balanced and current, curriculum‐linked resources on the agriculture and food industry. Eight provinces are at the table including British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador. These member organizations are committed to a collective, cross Canadian effort and all have increased their teacher and student reach and effectiveness by being involved in the national organization.
Working together to enhance the knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of agriculture in everyday life.
AITC Canada will:
- Act as the national voice and identity for agriculture education
- Build capacity and increase opportunities for member organizations
- Facilitate the sharing of best practice initiatives
- Identify and manage national projects beneficial to member organizations
- Develop and support approved curriculum linked resources related to agriculture
- Coordinate networking and professional development opportunities for individual stakeholders