Who Is AITC Canada?
AITC-C is a non-profit organization supported by provincial AITC member organizations and sponsors who share the organization’s goal. Chair Johanne Ross works with the national Board of Directors to facilitate the growth of an agriculture education strategy nationally, to include building partnerships, supporting the provincial AITC organizations and delivering on national resource and program development.
AITC-C’s founding Board of Directors represents a cross section of the country. Currently there are 7 directors representing Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador. It is AITC-C’s goal to expand this representation to all provinces and territories in the future. Each provincial representative exhibits a commitment and dedication to delivering an accurate, balanced and current message about agriculture.
Working together to enhance the knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of agriculture in everyday life.
AITC Canada will:
- Act as the national voice and identity for agriculture education
- Build capacity and increase opportunities for member organizations
- Facilitate the sharing of best practice initiatives
- Identify and manage national projects beneficial to member organizations
- Develop and support approved curriculum linked resources related to agriculture
- Coordinate networking and professional development opportunities for individual stakeholders
Initial Funding Partners